How are McDougalls products being used in the SCOTY final?
With the LACA School Chef of the Year 2020 final taking place on Thursday 5th March 2020 we've been delving deeper into the recipes to see how the school chefs are using the McDougalls products. Here's six facts we found out:-
- 9 different McDougalls products are being used in the competition ranging from Meringue Mix to Jelly to Yorkshire Pudding Mix.
- Our McDougalls plain flour is the most popular McDougalls product with competitors – being used in nine of the dishes that are being served up in tomorrow’s final.
- Three school chefs are using McDougalls Jelly, all different flavours, with one chef opting for the vegetarian jelly.
- Four of the dishes used in tomorrow’s LACA School Chef of the Year final will include one of the McDougalls bread mix products, either the best of both or soft bap mix.
- The McDougalls Thickening Granules are being used in both main courses and desserts tomorrow at the final. Look out for the photos throughout the day on our Instagram.
- When it comes to the dessert, here’s a little clue as to what you may see - three chefs are using the crumble mix, three chefs are using the brownie mix and three the cookie mix.
You can follow all the action from the LACA School Chef of the Year 2020 live on our social media channels. Follow @PremierFoods_FS on Twitter and Instagram and the hashtag #SCOTY.