Make the most of Pancake Day with a flipping good competition
With Pancake Day on the horizon, Premier Foods is getting into the spirit by launching a McDougalls competition, giving caterers the chance to win high street vouchers. Encouraging them to have some flipping good fun, entrants will be tasked with seeing how many times they can flip a pancake in just 10 seconds. The competition will be live from 1st February and alongside this, Premier Foods is introducing its ‘Pancake Through the Day’ recipe book, showing caterers how to make the most of the versatile pancake across breakfast, lunch and dinner occasions.
Asking caterers to throw themselves into celebrations, entrants can expect a real race against the clock to get as many successful attempts as possible. Caterers across all channels will be invited to submit a video of their achievements, either via email or by tagging Premier Foodservice on Twitter (@PremierFoods_FS), Instagram (@premierfoods_fs) or Facebook (Premier Foods Foodservice). The caterer with the highest total will receive high street vouchers worth £10 per flip (up to a maximum total of £300). All entries will have to use McDougalls Plain or Self-Raising Flour in their batter, and videos can be filmed at home or in the workplace.
Download the new Pancake Day Recipe Book
Sarah Robb, Foodservice Marketing Manager at Premier Foods comments, “Pancake Day is an occasion many foodservice operators get involved with as a chance to offer their customers something different – after a challenging year for many, we wanted to give caterers the opportunity to have some fun and win a great prize. At the same time, we are launching our latest recipe book to inspire outlets to use pancakes as a versatile base for dishes throughout the day. Quick and simple to prepare, they are a great option for any day of the year, and our ‘Pancake Through the Day’ guide includes ideas such as a Lemon and Sugar classic to Mini Chocolate and Banana Pancakes.”
To enter, caterers can simply email their videos to email@example.com with their name, phone number and email address, or tag Premier Foods on their social media posts. Entries open 1st February 2021 and close 28th February 2021.
Terms and Conditions for Premier Foods’ Pancake Day Promotion 2021
Please read these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) carefully. You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit your entry for the Premier Foods Pancake Day 2021 competition (the “Promotion”).
The Promoter and the Agency
1. Premier Foods Group Limited of Premier House, Centrium Business Park, Griffiths Way, St Albans, United Kingdom, AL1 2 RE is the “Promoter”.
2. Digital Blonde Ltd of 16 Upper Woburn Place, London, WC1H 0BS is the “Competition Agency.”
3. This Promotion is open to all professional caterers in the UK (“the Entrant”). Entrants must be UK residents, aged 18 or over. This Promotion excludes (i) the agents and employees of the Promotor and the Promoter’s group companies (ii) the employees of the Competition Agency (iii) the families of all such agents and employees, or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion or its administration.
4. Where a professional caterer would be required to obtain consent of their employer, its agency or to any third party to whom they provides their services, to enter this Promotion, then, Entrants who participate are deemed to participate with the full knowledge and consent of their employer, agency or such third parties. Entrants should therefore seek permission if and as required, before they submit an entry into this Promotion.
5. Entrants may need to provide proof of name, age, qualification and / or employment (if employed), and address to validate that they meet the entry requirements and can accept a prize.
How to Enter
6. The Promotion will begin at 9am on 1st February 2021 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 5pm on 26th February 2021 (the “Closing Time”). The period from the Opening Time and ending at the Closing Time is called the “Promotion Period”.
7. To enter the Promotion, the Entrant must, during the Promotion Period and, by no later than the Closing Time cook a plain pancake (in accordance with clause 9) and, once the pancake has reached a cool temperature, the Entrant must create a video of themselves flipping their pancake in a cool pan, as many times as possible in 10 seconds (the “Video”). The entrant must then submit their Video by either:
(a) emailing the Video to firstname.lastname@example.org with their full name, address and a contact number; or
(b) by sharing the Video on one of their social media channels: Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tagging @PremierFoods_FS;
8. The Video submitted must be the Entrant’s own work. By entering the Promotion, the Entrant warrants that the Video and its entry will not infringe the intellectual property rights (including copyright) or, any other proprietary rights whatsoever of any third party.
9. The pancake must be cooked using McDougalls Plain Flour OR McDougalls Self-Raising Flour and should be approximately 18-22cm in size and approximately 55-70g in weight. Please retain flour packaging as this may be required to validate your entry.
10. Each Entrant may submit one Video and enter the Promotion once. Entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method, will not be accepted. For the avoidance of doubt, Entrants who choose to enter the Promotion by sharing their Video on social media should only share the Video on one social media channel. Entrants must not submit their entries via both email and social media.
11. Entries which, in the Promoter’s opinion may be deemed offensive, discriminatory, inappropriate, defamatory, depict or promote dangerous or hazardous situations or which are otherwise unlawful will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
12. The 10 second time period in which the Entrant will be required to flip as many pancakes as they can, will start to run from the time when the Entrant starts to perform their first pancake flip.
13. Please create your entry safely, wait for your pancake to cool before flipping it. Do not use a hot pan to flip the pancake. Entrants should ensure that they wear appropriate clothing and footwear to help protect themselves in the event that they accidentally drop the pan or the pancake. Entrants should avoid creating their Entry in any area where flooring or furniture could be damaged in the event that the Entrant drops the pan or the pancake.
Selection of the Winner
14. Within two weeks of the Closing Time, a panel of judges, under the supervision of an independent observer, will select one winner (the “Winner”) from all valid entries. The winner will be the Entrant who submitted the entry showing the pancake being flipped the most number of times within 10 seconds.
16. There is no cash alternative to the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a reasonably equivalent alternative Prize, of equal or greater value, should circumstances make this necessary.
17. The Prize is not negotiable or transferable.
Winner Announcement and Delivery of the Prize
18. If the Winner submitted their entry via email, then they will be notified by the Promoter by email, via the email address used to enter the Promotion that they have won. If the Winner entered by sharing their Video on a social media account, then they will be contacted by the Competition Agency via direct message, on the social media account used to enter the Promotion. Please ensure that your social media account settings will allow you to receive direct messages the Competition Agency. The Winner will be contacted within three weeks of the Closing Time (the “Notification Date”). Entrants who have not won the Prize will not be notified.
19. If you are the Winner of the Prize, you will have 30 days from the Notification Date to respond to the notification to claim your prize and to provide the details requested by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Competition Agency, to enable the Promoter or the Promoter’s Competition Agency to deliver the Prize. If you do not claim the Prize or provide your details by this date, your claim will become invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible entrant with the second highest number of pancake flips, should a Winner’s claim become invalid or, if the Winner cannot accept the Prize for any reason.
20. The Prize will be sent via email within 30 days of the Winner claiming their prize of the Winner confirming their details in accordance with clause 19. The Winner or, an individual aged 18 or over nominated by the Winner, will be required to be available at the delivery address to accept and sign for delivery of the Prize. If the Winner entered via social media, then the Competition Agency will arrange for delivery of the Winner’s Prize. If the Winner entered via email, then the Promoter will arrange for delivery of the Winner’s Prize.
Data Protection and Marketing
21. All entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. By submitting an entry and any accompanying material, each Entrant agrees to:
(a) assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights in their entry and any accompanying material with full title guarantee; and
(b) irrevocably waive all moral rights
in and to their entry and otherwise arising in connection with their entry to which the Entrant may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world. Each Entrant agrees that it shall execute any document or instrument necessary to give effect to any assignment, grant of rights or waiver referred to in this clause 21.
22. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees that any personal information provided by them with their entry may be held and used by the Promoter or its agents (including the Competition Agency) and its suppliers for the purpose of administering the Promotion.
23. The Winner may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Promotion, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes. The Promoter may use the Winner’s surname and county of residence to announce them as the Winner of the Promotion. If you do not wish for your personal information to be used for this purpose or, if you wish to limit the amount of personal information that is published, please contact: Sarah Robb, Premier Foods Premier Foods Group Limited of Premier House, Centrium Business Park, Griffiths Way, St Albans, United Kingdom, AL1 2 RE.
24. To receive a list of Winner(s) and county of residence of the Winner(s) please contact Sarah Robb at the above address in Clause 23 within 2 months of the Closing Time. Please note that we may not be able to disclose this requested information, if an Entrant objects to the disclosure of such information in accordance with clause 23. Where a winning Entrant has objected to their information being disclosed, the Promoter or the Agency will instead provide confirmation that a prize was awarded, where a list of Winner(s) is requested.
Limitation of Liability
25. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents (including the Agency) or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winner(s) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
27. Any decision of the Promoter as to eligibility to take part in the Promotion or the result of the Promotion will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, delayed, lost, damaged or unreadable whether due to failure or non-availability of the website, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind, or the submission of incomplete information or any other reason.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Promotion in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers necessary.
29. The Promotion and these Terms are subject the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts.
30. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Each entrant accepts that neither Facebook, Instagram or Twitter shall have any responsibility or liability to them in respect of or, in connection with this Promotion and further agree that Facebook, Instagram and Twitter respectively shall be released of any responsibility or liability in respect of this Promotion.
PREMIER FOODS PLC PROMOTION PRIVACY NOTICE
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', 'company' or "Premier Foods" within this policy are deemed to refer to Premier Foods plc, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates we are a 'controller' for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("Data Protection Laws").
We take your privacy very seriously. We ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information about our processing and your rights.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, how we handle your personal data, or want to exercise any of your rights, please contact our Data Privacy Officer either:
By post: Premier House, Centrium Park, Griffiths Way, St Albans, AL1 2RE; or
By email: email@example.com
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check this Privacy Notice occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
If you are the winner of the competition, you understand that we and/or our service providers may contact you (using the contact details provided with your entry) and ask you to provide certain personal details including your full name and a delivery address to enable us to deliver your prize to you. You understand that we will collect, hold and process such personal data to the extent necessary to:
• administer the competition;
• to send the prize to the winner;
• to announce the winner of the prize but shall not disclose such personal data where the winner has objected to such disclosure in accordance with clause 23 of the competition Terms;
• to promote the competition in accordance with the competition Terms but we will not disclose any personal data where the winner has objected to such disclosure in accordance with clause 23 of the competition Terms.
HOW IS PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA LAWFUL?
We are allowed to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to:
• administer your entry to the competition,
• if you win the competition, contact you, announce you as winner or for the purposes of publicity (save for where you have objected to such disclosure pursuant to clause 23 of the competition Terms);
• respond to enquiries, complaints and requests in order to serve our customers. We will only use your personal data for this purpose. If you are an existing customer, we may add information about the enquiry, complaint or request to other records we hold about you so we can provide a better customer service; and
• send you material you have requested, using the data you have provided.
Please be aware that you have the right to object to the processing of your data of any of the legitimate interests identified.
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Like any business, we use service providers to assist us in administering our competitions and to assist us with other services, such as customer service. Some of these service providers will process your data as part of the services they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers treat your data in accordance with the law, only use it in accordance with our contract with them and keep it secure.
Service provider Reason for processing
CPM International Group Customer services intermediary
Digital Blonde Ltd. Marketing agency who will administer the competition, contact the winners who have entered via a social media platform. If a winner entered via social media, then Digital Blonde will use the winner’s personal data to send them their prize. The marketing agency may also respond to any consumer queries submitted on social media. Any consumer complaints (whether submitted directly to the Promoter or, via social media) may be escalated to CPM International Group.
How we keep your data secure
We strive to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. We follow recognised industry practices for protecting our IT environment and physical facilities.
WHEN WILL WE DELETE YOUR DATA?
The table below provides details about how long we will process your data.
Data we process How long this will be held for
Complaints data For a period of up to 6 years from date of last contact. If you have an existing complaint on file, the new complaint may be added to other information that we hold about you as a customer.
Competitions We hold the entrant’s data for a period of 2 months from the competition closing date.
As a data subject, you have the following legal rights:
• the right of access to personal data relating to you
• the right to correct any mistakes in your information
• the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
• the right to prevent your personal data being processed in some circumstances
• The right to object to processing of your data where processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
• the right to erasure in some circumstances
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at the details set out above.
We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex, in which case we will respond within three months.
Please note that exceptions apply to some of these rights which we will apply in accordance with the law.
Complaints to the regulator
If you do not think that we have processed your data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, you should let us know as soon as possible. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. Information about how to do this is available on his website at www.ico.org.uk.