McDougalls launches new reduced fat cocoa powder and nationwide recipe competition
Premier Foods is expanding its much-loved McDougalls range with the launch of a vegan and reduced fat* Cocoa Powder, alongside a nationwide recipe competition to inspire caterers and get them cooking with the new addition to the portfolio.
Download the new recipe guide
With many caterers looking to create dishes from raw, quality ingredients to help meet demand for a variety of dietary needs, the new McDougalls Cocoa Powder offers a healthy, premium and naturally gluten free option for schools and healthcare operators. It also has the added bonus of being suitable for vegans, and those caterers following the Food for Life accreditation. The recipe competition will not only help to highlight the quality and versatility of the product, but also encourage caterers to get creative, crafting some innovative recipes which could be publicly showcased across Premier Foods’ social channels.
Holly Marrero Easson, Innovation Manager at Premier Foods comments: “We are confident that our new McDougalls Reduced Fat Cocoa Powder will become a firm favourite in schools and healthcare outlets, with initial feedback from caterers extremely positive about the texture, taste and ease of use.
“Value for money continues to play a key part in ingredient choice and our cost-effective product enables caterers in both education and healthcare to include chocolate treats on the menu in recipes such as our Chocolate & Cinnamon Shortbread and Chocolate & Sweet Potato Muffins. Both of these recipes are perfect for care and school settings and are included in our new recipe book showcasing the flexibility of the cocoa powder, along with specific recipes tailored for dementia patients.”
Holly Charnock, School Caterer at Woodlands Primary School, previous McDougalls Young Baking Team of the Year winner (2019) and current School Chef of the Year 2020, comments: “The new McDougalls Cocoa Powder is amazingly easy to use. One thing that really impressed me was that it melts really well into a sauce and doesn’t leave a powdery texture like some other cocoa powders do. The bag and box combo makes for simple and neat storage too, which is always a bonus as we don’t have a lot of room in our school kitchen. I look forward to incorporating it onto my menu permanently.”
For those caterers wanting to enter the nationwide recipe competition, email email@example.com with your address to request samples to help create your masterpiece. The 10 most innovative recipes will be showcased across Premier Foods’ website and social channels. Due to a deadline extension, caterers have until Friday, 12th March to send their recipe to the same email address along with imagery and recipe inspiration.
Terms and Conditions for McDougalls Cocoa Powder Nationwide Recipe Challenge 2021
Please read these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) carefully. You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit your entry for the McDougalls Cocoa Powder Nationwide Recipe Challenge 2021 competition (the “Promotion”).
The Promoter and the Agency
1. Premier Foods Group Limited of Premier House, Centrium Business Park, Griffiths Way, St Albans, United Kingdom, AL1 2 RE is the “Promoter”.
2. Cirkle of Canon House, 27 London Ends, Old Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom, HP9 2HN is the “Agency”.
3. This Promotion is open to all primary school caterers and care home caterers in the UK, (“the Eligible Outlet”). Each Eligible Outlet may enter one recipe showcasing new McDougalls Cocoa Powder (the “Recipe”). The professional caterer who prepares the Recipe (the “Caterer”) must either be employed by the Eligible Outlet or work at the Eligible Outlet via a UK based catering outlet for the duration of the Promotion. See clause 5a for the Promotion Opening Time and Closing Time.
4. All Caterers who participate are deemed to participate with the full knowledge and consent of the Eligible Outlet and their employer (if their employer is not the Eligible Outlet). Caterers should therefore seek permission from the Eligible Outlet (and their employer, if the Eligible Outlet is not their employer) before they submit an entry into this Promotion.
How to Enter
5. To enter the Promotion, the Caterer must, on behalf of the Eligible Outlet:
(a) at any time from 9am on Monday, 4th January 2021 (the “Opening Time”) and by no later than 5pm on Friday, 12th March 2021 (the “Closing Time”) (the “Promotion Period”): (i) register their interest in entry and request McDougalls Cocoa Powder samples to help create their Recipe submission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their postal address by at least two weeks (14 days) before the Closing Time, which for the avoidance of doubt is 5pm on Friday, 12th February 2021; and (ii) submit one (1) Recipe including a full list of the ingredients and method, together with supporting images and a short description of the thinking behind the Recipe and the reason why they created it to email@example.com by the Closing Time; and (iii) each Caterer should provide their full name, the name of the Eligible Outlet, a contact email address, a postal address and a telephone number which the Eligible Outlet or Caterer can be contacted on.
6. Each Caterer which registers its interest in the Promotion in accordance with clause 5(a)(i) will be sent one bag of McDougalls Reduced Fat Cocoa Powder (500g). The sample will be
shipped to the postal address provided in accordance with clause 5(a)(i) within 7 days of registering its interest in the Promotion via firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The Caterer’s Recipe must contain McDougalls Cocoa Powder.
8. Each Eligible Outlet may, through one Caterer, enter a Recipe into the Promotion once. Entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method, will not be accepted.
9. Each Eligible Outlet and the Caterer are responsible for ensuring that their Recipe submission is safe for human consumption and complies with any relevant laws and regulations (including any food safety laws and regulations).
10. By entering the Promotion, the Eligible Outlet shall grant or shall procure the grant of a irrevocable perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferrable licence for the benefit of the Promoter to use, reproduce, distribute and make derivative works of the Recipe, in any media and through any media channel for the purpose of marketing or advertising in connection with the Promoter’s brands and/or business activities.
11. The Recipe submitted must be that Caterer’s own work. By entering the Promotion, the Eligible Outlet warrants that it’s Caterer’s Recipe will not infringe any copyright or any other right whatsoever of any third party.
12. Each Recipe must be suitable for display and publication online. Any entries which are contrary to any relevant legislation (including but not limited to any food safety laws and regulations) or which contain information which may be deemed obscene, indecent, discriminatory, defamatory or offensive, shall not be permitted for entry.
13. Within two weeks of the Closing Time, the top ten Recipes as judged by Premier Foods’ Executive Chef, and an independent representee from the Agency (the “Judges”), as per the judging criteria (each a “Winning Entry”) will be chosen (see the end of these terms for the judging criteria). Any Caterer with a Winning Entry will be notified by email (the “Notification”) from the Agency by no later than 12th March 2021 that they have a Winning Entry.
14. Each of the Recipes classed as a Winning Entry will be showcased across Premier Foods social media and foodservice website with headshots of the Caterer, professional shots of the Recipe and the written Recipe (proof read by the Agency). The Caterers will be free to use the headshots and Recipe photography.
15. Each Caterer who submitted a Winning Entry must make themselves available for a professional headshot of them to be taken, along with professional shots of the Recipe that is selected as their Winning Entry between 22nd March 2021 and 2nd April 2021.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, delayed, not received, lost, damaged or unreadable, whether due to failure or non-availability of any website or otherwise, the submission of incomplete information or any other reason.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is not made in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any decision of the Promoter as to eligibility to take part in the Promotion or the result of the Promotion will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Promotion in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
19. To receive names and county of the Winning Entry’s, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Vicki Carr, Cirkle, Canon House, 27 London End, Beaconsfield, Bucks, HP9 2HN
Within 28 days of the Closing Time.
Data Protection and Marketing
20. By entering this Promotion, Caterer’s agree that any personal data provided in their Entry and / or in any correspondence with the Promoter and / or Agency in connection with this Promotion, will be held and used by the Promoter and / or the Agency for the purpose of administering this Promotion (including for the purpose set out in clause 30). By entering this Promotion, Caterer’s and Eligible Outlets consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter and / or the Agency and use of their personal data by the Promoter and / or the Agency for the purpose set out in this clause.
21. Caterers with a Winning Entry may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Promotion, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes. If Caterers would prefer not to appear in any publicity or advertising relating to the Promotion, as described in this clause, Caterers may contact the Promoter by emailing email@example.com.
22. The Winning Entry’s and Winning Entry’s outlet name and county of location may be published (including in publications publicising the Promotion) for the purpose of announcing the relevant Caterer as having a Winning Entry.
23. The Promotion and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, including contractual and non-contractual disputes or claims shall be subject the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts.