Beetroot Falafel with Moroccan salad pot
Prep: 30 minutes Cook: 40 minutes Serves: 10
IngredientsFor the Falafel
- 170g Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing Mix
- 400ml boiling water
- 2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1½ tbsp juice of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to season
- 450g ready-cooked beetroot, grated
- 300g mixed leaf salad
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 200ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10g fresh parsley, chopped
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Cereals containing glutenMilkCelery
- Pre heat oven to 200oC gas mark 7.
- In a bowl, combine the Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing Mix with boiling water. Set aside until cooled.
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, cumin and lemon juice into a food processor and blend.
- Combine the chickpea mix with the Paxo Sage and Onion stuffing and the beetroot. Divide into 50 and mould each one into a disc shape, place on an oiled tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- For the salad, mix the salad ingredients together in a bowl,
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- To serve, place the salad on to a plate, top with cooked Falafels and drizzle with dressing.