Blueberry and Lemon Scones
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 10 minutes Serves: 12
- 500g McDougalls Scone Mix
- 1 lemon, zested
- 250ml water
- 60g blueberries
- 1 egg for glazing
- 180g blueberry jam
- 400g clotted cream
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Cereals containing glutenEggsSoybeansMilk
- Pre heat the oven to 200˚C, 400˚F, gas mark 7.
- Place the McDougalls Scone Mix and lemon zest in a bowl. Using a dough hook, blend in the water just until a soft dough is formed. Add the blueberries and mix through. Do not overmix.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface, and then roll to 13mm (½ ”) thickness and cut into rounds using a 5cm (2”) cutter.
- Place the scones onto a greased baking tray and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold with cream and jam.