Bread and Butter Pudding
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Serves: 10
Ingredients1 litre Bird's Custard Ready to Serve
125g Marvel Milk Powder
6 medium eggs
300g thick sliced white bread
80g unsalted butter
100g mixed peel
40g apricot jam
10g icing sugar
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Cereals containing glutenEggsSoybeansMilkSulphites
Method1. Whisk together the custard, Marvel Milk Powder and eggs, then pass through a sieve.
2. Butter each slice of bread and then cut off the crusts and cut into triangles.
3. Layer the triangles of bread into a suitable baking dish, scattering over the sultanas and mixed peel as you layer.
4. Pour over the custard mix.
5. Set the oven at 140°C and allow the pudding to stand while the oven comes up to temperature.
6. Place the pudding into the oven and bake for approximately 1 hour or until a skewer comes cleanly out of the centre of the pudding.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
8. Glaze with apricot jam and serve.
You can add spices, such as nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon into the mix or add a little whiskey.