Butternut Squash Scones
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes Serves: 10
Ingredients450g McDougalls Savoury Scone Mix
150ml Cold water
100g Butternut squash (cooked & puréed)
1 Egg (for glaze)
150g Cream cheese
5g Chives (chopped)
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Cereals containing glutenEggsSoybeansMilk
- Place the McDougalls Savoury Scone Mix into a bowl fitted with a beater. Blend in the water and squash and mix on medium speed until a dough is formed. Ensure you do not over mix.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a depth of approx 2cm. Cut with a 7cm cutter, reusing any leftover dough.
- Place the cut scones onto a flat non-stick baking tray and brush with egg wash. Bake at 200˚C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Then place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Soften the cream cheese and place into a piping bag with a round nozzle.
- Split the scones and fill with cream cheese, sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.