Chicken with Spicy Curry Sauce
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 45 minutes Serves: 10
2 Large onions (chopped)
50g Fresh root ginger (minced)
50g Minced garlic
1tbsp Ground cinnamon
1tbsp Ground black pepper
2tbsp Ground cumin
1tsp Ground turmeric
1tsp Cayenne pepper
800g Tinned tomatoes
2 Red chillies (seeded)
50g Fresh coriander (chopped)
40g Bisto Chicken Bouillon (made up as per instructions)
200ml Natural yoghurt
1.25kg Cooked shredded chicken
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Milk
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat. Add onion and sauté until browned, this should take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cinnamon, black pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric and cayenne pepper and cook over a low heat until mixture is thick and has the consistency of a paste.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chillies and coriander in a food processor until smooth. Add to the onion mixture and stir well over a low heat, cooking off the moisture from the tomatoes. Gradually add the yoghurt, stirring constantly to avoid curdling.
- Purée the mixture in the food processor for a velvety smooth sauce. Return to the saucepan the made up Bisto Chicken Bouillon stock and increase heat to high, bring sauce to the boil. Cover the saucepan and boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency is reached, add the cooked chicken and reheat until it's piping hot.