Chocolate, Beetroot and Pear Brownies
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 25 minutes Serves: 24
- 220g McDougalls Plain Flour
- 12g Baking powder
- 170g Caster sugar
- 60g McDougalls Cocoa Powder
- 170g Cooked beetroot, finely grated
- 6 Eggs
- 130ml Vegetable oil
- 2 Pears, peeled cored and sliced
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Cereals containing glutenEggs
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4.
- Line a DS tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the McDougalls Plain Flour, baking powder, sugar and McDougalls Cocoa Powder in a bowl. (The dry ingredients).
- In another bowl, mix together the beetroot, eggs and oil. (The wet ingredients).
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until smooth. Do not over beat the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin. Arrange the sliced pears on top and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle of the tray.
- Cool, portion, and serve.