Prep: 40 minutes Cook: 45 minutes Serves: 10
IngredientsBlack Lentil Dhal
- 500g black lentils
- 50ml oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 900g Sharwood’s Tikka Masala Sauce
- 800ml water
- 100ml yogurt
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 175ml plain yoghurt
- 700g Sharwood Jalfrezi Sauce (divided)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 800g paneer sliced
- 100g Sharwood’s Green Label Mango Chutney
- 10 mini naan breads
- Tomato and cucumber salad
- 10 Sharwood’s Plain Puppodums
- 500g Sharwood’s Green Label Mango Chutney
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Cereals containing glutenPeanutsMilkNutsSesame
MethodFor the black lentil dhal
- Rinse the lentils in cold water. Cover with 1.5 litres of water, bring to the boil, and simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the onions and cook slowly for 10-15 mins until they are starting to caramelise. Stir in the Sharwood Tikka Masala. Drain the lentils and add to the onions. Season well, cover and cook for 30 minutes over a very low heat on the hob.
- Once cooked, stir in the yogurt. Garnish with coriander.
- In a bowl, combine the plain yogurt with 200ml of Sharwood Jalfrezi Sauce and the lemon juice. Add the sliced paneer and marinate for 2 hours.
- Combine the remaining Sharwood Jalfrezi Sauce and Sharwood Mango Chutney and bring to the boil in a pan. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the Paneer from the marinade and cook on a griddle until golden brown either side. Serve on a bed of the sauce.