Korean breaded chicken wings
Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 40 minutes Serves: 10
IngredientsFor the chicken
- 2 kg Chicken wings
- 150g seasoned flour with 2 tsp ground ginger, salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 100ml milk
- 250g Paxo Natural Breadcrumbs
- 175g dark brown sugar
- 100g gochujang (Korean hot red pepper paste)
- 15ml soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 25ml sesame oil
- 100g spring onions, sliced
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Cereals containing glutenMilkSesame
- For the chicken wings, pass the chicken wings through the seasoned flour.
- Mix the eggs and milk in a bowl and pass the now seasoned chicken through the egg wash.
- Now pass the chicken through the Paxo Natural Breadcrumbs and leave on a tray until ready to cook.
- Pre heat the deep fryer to 180oC and fry the wings for 8-10 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Alternately, pre heat the oven to 180oC and bake on a non-stick tray for 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- To make the sauce, put all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until it is a syrup like consistency.
- To serve, once the chicken wings are cooked, toss in the Korean Sauce so the wings are completely covered.
- Serve with chopped spring onions.