Mexican Jackfruit and Bean Birria with Avocado on Nachos
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 45 minutes Serves: 10
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 550g jackfruit, drained
- 2 red pepper, large dice
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 6 garlic cloves, Pureed
- 2 red onions, diced
- 300g tomatoes, diced
- 500ml Bisto Vegetable Bouillon, prepared
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 30g Bisto Reduced Salt Gravy Granules
- 500g corn tortilla chips (check for allergens)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 20g fresh coriander, chopped
- Lime wedges (optional)
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Celery
- Heat the pan and add the oil allowing to smoke a little. Add the thyme, marjoram, bay leaves, cloves, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, chilli flakes, garlic and onion and roast in the pan. A little colour is good!
- Now add the jackfruit and red pepper and cook allowing the spices to coat the ingredients and the jackfruit to catch on the edges.
- Now add the diced tomatoes, Bisto Vegetable Stock, and tomato puree.
- Bring this to a boil and add the Vegan Bisto gravy granules. Allow to cook for 15-20 minutes. We want the stew to cook out and make the jackfruit soft.
- To serve, add your tortilla chips to a dish, top with the jackfruit birria and finish with diced avocado, chopped coriander and optional fresh lime!