Middle Eastern Trifle
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 5 minutes Serves: 10
- 100g McDougall's Vegetarian Raspberry Jelly Crystals
- 600ml boiled water
- 200g sponge fingers, broken
- 1 tin apricots, drained and diced
- 1 tin peaches, drained and diced
- 1l Ambrosia Low Fat RTU Custard
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1tbsp honey
- 600ml whipping cream, whipped to a peak.
- 50g pistachio nuts, crushed
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Cereals containing glutenEggsMilkNuts
- In a bowl, dissolve the McDougall's Vegetarian Raspberry Jelly Crystals in the boiling water and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the sponge fingers and tinned fruit into a trifle bowl and pour over the jelly. Chill until set.
- For the custard, in a clean bowl, combine the custard, vanilla essence, ground cinnamon, lemon zest and honey.
- Pour over the set jelly and chill.
- Decorate with the whipped cream and sprinkle with the pistachio nuts.