Roast Beef Sirloin with Tarragon & Port Gravy
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 1 hour 55 minutes Serves: 12
IngredientsFor the Roast Beef
5 Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
5 Sprigs of tarragon (finely chopped)
2g Ground black pepper
50ml Olive oil
3kg Sirloin of beef
5g Sea salt
For the Bisto Gravy
1ltr Boiling water
75g Bisto Gluten Free Gravy Granules
1 Sprig of Tarragon
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Sulphites
- Mix together the garlic, tarragon, pepper and olive oil and rub into the sirloin, leave marinating for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place in a roasting tray, season with salt and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 190°C and continue cooking for a further 90 minutes (see cooking tips below).
- Remove from the oven and the roasting tray and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes. Retain the juices in the tray.
- For the gravy, skim the fat from the surface of the juices and discard, place the roasting tray on the stove on a high heat, add the boiling water, then whisk in the Bisto Gluten Free Gravy Granules until thick. Add the tarragon and port and allow to infuse, then pass the gravy through a sieve.
- Carve the beef into portions and serve with Bisto Gluten Free Gravy and a selection of seasonal vegetables.
After the initial 20 minutes of roasting, allow a 15 minute cooking time per 450kg of sirloin for medium rare and a further 5 minutes per 450g for medium. You can also place an oven probe in the centre of the meat and once it reaches a core temperature of 48°C, remove from the oven. This will then continue cooking and be medium rare (take to 52°C for medium).