Vegetable and lentil lasagne with tomato sauce
Prep: 25 minutes Cook: 50 minutes Serves: 10
- 20ml oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 400g Carrot, diced
- 400g Celery, diced
- 400g Dried lentil, rinsed
- 1l Water
- 500ml Homepride Bolognese Sauce
- 30g Margarine
- 30g McDougalls Plain Flour
- 400ml Water
- 40g Marvel Milk Powder
- 100g Cheese
- 300g Lasagne sheets
Please check the ingredients declaration on the products you use making this recipe.Cereals containing glutenMilkCelery
- In a large pan, gently fry the onions. Add the carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, water, and Homepride Bolognese Sauce, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce. Melt the margarine in a pan. Add the McDougalls Flour and stir to make a roux. Blend the Marvel Milk Powder into water and then add to the roux. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, and stir through half the cheese.
- Take an ovenproof dish, and pour some of the lentil filling into it to cover the base. Cover this with a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat this in layers to use up all the lentil filling, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets. Then top with the cheese sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 for 35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.